Course Dates: Open-ended
Enrollment Dates: Enroll Anytime
Who can Enroll: Students are added by instructors.
Course Language: English
About this course
This police training program is about one hard hit Ohio city’s first responders’(police, fire and EMS) efforts to save opioid overdose victims with naloxone, and, hopefully, offer up lessons from which all first responders can benefit.
SI39: Opioid Epicenter / Police Training Video Course
Police and first responders from one of the nation's hardest hit opioid 'epicenters' discuss their tactics and strategy dealing with the epidemic and its human toll. The program includes information regarding:
- Application of naloxone to save opioid overdose victims
- Cooperation between police and fire in dealing with the opioid crisis
- Safety tips for first responders in reference to possible exposure to or
ingestion of fentanyls/opioids
- Training tips for other agencies nationwide that may be dealing with similar
- Concerns and questions police and first responders have regarding the opioid crisis, its victims and officers charged with addressing the day-to-day issues
Course Video Preview: