Attention: All OK law enforcement
This program is designed for the street officer who comes in contact with people, in high-stress and troubled circumstances, and gives them the tools to, possibly, de-escalate the situation.
It is available 24/7 as a video download here: www.lineofduty.com
Or, as a DVD.
The program is taught by veteran Oregon officer/instructor Chris Stoaks who has developed one of the most thorough and comprehensive classroom presentations on this critically important topic.
Chris is a Hostage/Crisis Negotiator, CIT Trainer, CISM/Peer Support Team member, and Honor Guard Commander. A U.S. Marine veteran, he went on to earn a B.A. degree in Psychology.
In his classroom presenation, he teaches…
- De-escalation has nothing to do with the use of force.
- There is contact and resolution. De-escalation is what happens in-between.
You will learn that de-escalation is bringing someone who is functioning at a higher level (stress, mental issues, under the influence) down to a calmer, more manageable level. Then, they are more likely to make better choices regarding their present situation.
Improving the subject’s ability to cope while reducing stress.
Learn the critical need for superb NON-VERBAL SKILLS:
- 93% of communication is non-verbal
- Who do you remind them of
- Facial expressions
- Eye contact
- Physical presences
- Number of people in the room
- Professional status
- Personal space
The crucial nature of…
- Seek to understand before you seek to be understood.
- Be non-judgmental.
- Give your undivided attention to the speaker.
- Use silence effectively.
- Don’t try to fix it.
-Let them build their own self-esteem.
-Use this information as a tool later.
- How to change the subject, if you must.
- Link the transition to what they just said.
- Stretch the praise.
- “Good boy!” vs. “What a good dog!”
- Vicarious compliments.
- Indirect compliments can work wonders.
- Publicly praise what they’re proud of.
- Find the intangible villain.
- Not a real person.
- The thing that made them do this.
- Thank them again later.
ADDING THIS IMPORTANT NEW TRAINING VIDEO TO YOUR CURRICULUM IS AS EASY AS THIS:
Purchase DVD or Download for $150 (+ $5 S/H for DVD). Simply fill out this form and mail it.
Or fax it to 314-429-4137.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or call 1-800-462-5232.
Or visit our store at www.lineofduty.com
Enter coupon code OK150 at checkout.